You are invited !
with Janet Melrose, Calgary’s Cottage Gardener
Hosted by Cliff Bungalow Community Garden
Topic: Our Gardens in Summer — time to enjoy and keep growing!
* Ongoing care: thinning veggies, staking tomatoes & others, deadheading, weeding
* Fertilizing: feeding some plants now
* Harvesting: early and ongoing
* Planting Strategies: Succession planting & interplanting — continuing productivity
* Water conservation: when and how — above & underground diffusion and mulching
* Protection: against the heat, drought, hail and storms
* Summer pests: voles, cabbage moths and loopers, whiteflies, cutworms, and other insects and critters
* While you are away ……
* Your questions, ideas & more
Where: Cliff Bungalow – Mission Community Hall, 2201 Cliff St. SW (1 block west of 5 St. at 22 Ave. SW)
When: Wednesday, July 18 — 6:30 munch & mingle, 7 to 9 let’s talk!
For tickets and to register : https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/embrace-gardening-our-gardens-in-summer-tickets-46946809170
Let’s grow !
‘Embrace Gardening’is a community gardens’ inspired and supported initiative intended to expand the understanding and appreciation of gardening in general through engagement with all Calgarians with inner city community gardens providing a hub for sharing and educational opportunities.
Participating Community Gardens are: Bankview; Cliff Bungalow; Faithful Companions Of Jesus (FCJ); Inglewood; Mission; St. Stephen’s Anglican Church/Connaught; Sunalta.