An Interior view of Timm’s Grocery (2414, 4th Street SW)
Although the building is no longer there, the ceiling is similar to other buildings on 4th street like the Bannerman Block.
Moving Samuel Steele’s House from 1st St & 17th Ave to its present location at 219, 17th Ave SW.
House built in 1895, now the Roxy Nightclub.
The Sherman Roller Rink Fire, Febrary 25th, 1915.
Originally located on the corner of 17th Ave SW and Centre Street, the rink was a popular spot for Mission residents to play a variety of sports, including roller skating and ice hockey. Some notables include Charles Rouleau Jr., son of Charles Rouleau, one of the most influential members of the District.
Ambulance pulled up in front of the doors to the McNabb wing of the Holy Cross Hospital. The Hospital originated in 1892, expanding in 1928 and 1950. Although none of the original Hospital remains, the McNabb wing is the oldest surviving portion.
Notre Dame de la Paix viewed from the west, with the priests standing by in the gardens. The original Cathedral was built in 1884 and then rebuilt in 1955 as St. Mary’s Cathedral.
Boarding the Train at the Mission CNR Station. Originally built in 1905 as a Parish hall for St. Mary’s Cathedral, the building lives on as the Nat Christie Center, home of Alberta Ballet.
The beginning of the first Roman catholic Mission in Calgary. The man on the immediate left is believed to be Father Lacombe, a founding father of the Mission.
J.J. McHugh and friends enjoying a picnic on the banks of Elbow River. Mr. McHugh had a home on 18th Ave. SW, now called Elizabeth House. The area along the Elbow in Lindsay Park looks much the same today.