You no doubt have seen signs in front of the current residential building located at the northeast corner of 25th Avenue SW and 5th Street SW. We have learned that the City is still accepting comments on the proposed 12 story building that would require a land use change approved by City Council and a Development Permit approval before it could be built.
We know from consultations with the community over many years that the number one planning and development issue in our community is height. This proposal does not respect that long held position.
We also want to make it clear that we are not against the proposed use – that of seniors living. We would welcome a proposal for this use in which the building respected the current land use (zoning).
So you still have an opportunity to make your views known to the City. The people you can direct your comments to are as follows:
City of Calgary Senior Planner
FILE NO: LOC2018-0143
City of Calgary Planner
In both cases, include the file number: LOC2018-0143 so they know what file you are commenting on.
The following are pdf reference materials that may help you better understand what is proposed and what the key issues are:
- Rendering of the proposed building Riverwalk-Image1
- Our Concerns – as identified by community residents Our Concerns
- Riverwalk – Community Comments – LOC – June 2018 Riverwalk-Community Comments-LOC-June2018
- Community Position – from August 2018 Mission Statement Community Position – brief
- CA President’s comments – from August 2018 Mission Statement CA President’s comments
Apparently the City has not received much feedback from community residents. So it is important that you take a little time to provide your comments to the City.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.Tweet